Saturday, November 10, 2012

Girl Things and Boy Things

To be honest, I'm not sure where this post is going. I have pictures I want to share and things I want to say, but it is all a big mess inside my head. So...here's to hoping that it comes out and makes any kind of sense. It's just one of those days. :) 

Micah and I are totally blessed by Landry and Collier. Their differences make our lives exciting and fun. We have no idea what is about to come out of their mouths, the crazy things they think about, or when an unexpected sweet moment will catch us off-guard. They are precious. 
We have never been big gender role freaks. I know some good friends of ours who would fall over dead if they saw their little boy in a tutu or their little girl in camo, but we just kind of go with whatever they like that day. Landry in-particular has "flavors of the week" as we call them, and we know her phases pass quickly...UNLESS we make a big deal about it. Ha! 

I will stop rambling and just show some sweet pics of our kiddos from this past week. 

This picture makes me smile. Landry was all decked out and excited about heading to dance class. Collier was just like, "Hey! I'm here! What's going on?" He is such a doll and oblivious to most things going on around him. Landry has shown so much excitement, anger, and passion since she was a baby. Collier is pretty much cool as a cucumber...until he's not. 

Our little "bal-ina!"

Quiet Collier loves to read and can be caught with a book a lot of the time. He is a sweet little "thinker," and I love that about him. 


Now, the gender role comment might make more sense. Collier loves Landry's "pretty" things. He will steal headbands off her head, put them around his neck, and say "ahhh, pretty!" :) It seriously makes me laugh out loud. And, can't you just imagine how Ms. Personality freaks out about this? 

I caught Collier with the "Hello Titty" purse slung across his body the other day. How did he figure out how to do this?! He played with that thing for HOURS. 

And, the dress-up goes both ways in this family. We got this picture from our babysitter, Jane, the other day while we were at the Razorback game. Landry the pirate! Scary stuff, y'all!

We have so much fun with the kids. As much as they play with each other's toys and clothes, we seriously have 100% boy and 100% girl. I know I have said that before, but it still amazes me the differences between them. I have asked a lot of friends if it is just two different children or the different genders....pretty sure it is gender in our situation. Collier is rough and tough. He has no limits and doesn't understand when he is playing too rough for his sensitive big sister. Landry is girly-girl most of the time and wants to be pampered, play nicely, and apologizes profusely if she thinks she hurt someone's feelings. 

So, that brings me to this morning's pictures. I am thankful to have a sweet little mini-me that I am confident will be my best friend for life (after the teenage years, for sure). She is the most compassionate little stinker I know, and I feel like I learn so much from her everyday. 

I love waking up some mornings to this little tutu-booty in my bed. This girl loves her "princess" and wants to wear one to bed almost every night. 

And lazy Saturday mornings make my heart happy. Especially when my precious girl wants her fingers painted because they are, "yucky, yucky, gross mama!" 

I love my babies and cannot imagine my life without them for a second! Micah and I may be going on another trip next week, and my mama heart might be freaking out again, BUT I am trying to cherish these sweet moments with my man while I can. Time away makes me a better (less stressed!) mama, and I love to reconnect with Micah without the hustle and bustle of everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment