Friday, July 5, 2013

Leaving on a jet plane...

 I didn't think I was going to have time for another blog post before I left this morning, but since my flight is already significantly delayed, here I am! Not a great start to a long day of travel, but that's okay. 
I'm headed out this morning to go to Nicaragua and work with a mission there called Voice of Hope Ministries. I'm traveling all by myself today, and then will meet up with lots of new friends and a few missionaries I know when I arrive tonight. 
I have been wanting to go work with this group for the past year, and I really felt led all of the sudden to actually go. I booked my flight just a few weeks ago, and I'm so excited to go and experience what God is doing in this country. I've never been on a mission trip like this before, and I can't believe that I worked up the nerve to go all by myself...I know it will be great though! 

I am going to miss these little ones like crazy! Between my mom, Micah's mom, and their super-star Daddy, I know they will be well taken care of! 


And, of course, they have each other....


They really have no clue that I will be gone for a week. I did tell Landry that I was going on a plane a long ways away, but that I would be back soon. She whined a bit and said she wanted to go on the plane with me and help tell about God to the kids (sweet girl). After we talked a little bit longer, she started giggling and said, "I want you to go a long ways away to heaven and see baby Parke!" That's not where I'm planning on heading today, but I do love that she thinks about her little brother all the time. I guess heaven seems a long ways away for her, so that just makes sense that would be where I'm headed! :)

I hope to be able to update over the next week, but if not, I will have tons of pictures when I return! Please be in prayer for Voice of Hope and the amazing work they do in Central America. You can read more about them on their website here. Also, please pray that I don't totally lose my mind being away from my sweet family, and that God is able to use me for his purpose while I am there. 
Adios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment