Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our ER Visit...

Well, we are here at the hospital for the next 2 nights. Here is what happened...
Last night about 1:00 Landry woke up SCREAMING. She normally cries, but doesn't normally SCREAM. I couldn't get her to calm down for quite a while, and she was really warm and red. I thought at first that it was just because her belly was upset, and that her being warm was just because she got so worked up. We cuddled up in the bed, and she slept beside me for the next 2 hours. Around 3:00 she woke up SCREAMING again, and she was even warmer than she was the first time. I woke Micah up, and we took her temperature. Her rectal temperature was 102.5.

I wasn't sure what 102.5 meant in a little baby, so I got online and looked quickly. I found that if the baby was less than 3 months old, their temp shouldn't pass 101.5 without you taking them in to the doctor. So....off we rushed to the ER.

We got to the ER by 4:00, and we didn't have to wait at all. We got right in, and the tests began. Landry was poked by 5 different nurses trying to get blood (ugh...the worst thing ever!), had a spinal tap (also the worst thing ever), had her urine tested, and lots of other "non-invasive" tests.

Around 7:30, the doctor decided that he would admit us to the hospital and transfer us to a room. Our normal doctor came to see us at noon and told me that we would be staying for 48 hours to wait on the blood culture results. Every test so far has come back with good results. The doctor believes that it is a viral infection, but we will not know for sure until Thursday. She is being treated with antibiotics for a bacterial infection...just incase.

Here are a few pictures of our sweet angel. I will take more later.



All the testing just wore her out! She has been sleeping like a rock all day long. So glad she is getting good rest!


Landry was such a trooper, and I couldn't be more proud of her. I think I cried just as much as she did. It is hard to see your baby being messed with!!

We continue to pray for healing for our sweet baby and for a speedy recovery. You joining us in prayer means the world. Will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Little Landry is in my prayers as well as you and Micah. She looks so peaceful in the photo.

    Michele McGinnis

    ReplyDelete