Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Joy through Loss

A week from yesterday, my Mamaw passed away. She was my first grandparent to pass away, and it is such a strange feeling. I didn't see her as often as I should have, but now that she is gone, I can think of a million things I should have asked her...of course. She was a beautiful woman, and everyone always commented on how pretty her skin was. When I get compliments on my skin, I always reference my Mamaw. :) I am so thankful that Landry and Collier have had the opportunity to meet 7 out of 8 of their great-grandparents...that is really something special!
I am finding joy in the fact that I know my Mamaw was a follower of Christ...I know she is no longer in any pain, and I know she is celebrating in Heaven with my Savior. I am so thankful for the assurance that I will see her again one day. :)
Mamaw and Papaw Weir- Christmas Day 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment