Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day...

I had an absolutely wonderful 3rd Mother's Day. I know it is kind of cliche to say on this holiday, but I feel so blessed...I do! These two babies are more than I ever knew I wanted or could imagine myself having. I mean, really, they have such strong personalities and they make my life so exciting. Being a mommy is the best thing ever!
On top of me being elated to be a mommy myself, I have several friends who celebrated their first Mother's Day yesterday...friends who we didn't know could/would have kids. It warmed my heart to think of them on this special holiday and I thank God specifically for their little blessings. :) 

So...our day was nothing too exciting, but exactly what I wanted. We got up and went to church that morning. Micah made me blueberry pancakes and even made enough for us to take breakfast to our Sunday school class...y'all he made like 60 blueberry pancakes from scratch. They were awesome!
We came home from church, ate lunch, and put the babies down for naps. Then...this is the most exciting part...we went upstairs to the media room, put in The Vow, lounged around and acted like we didn't even have kids for two hours. Is that bad that acting like we did before we had kids was one of my favorite parts of the day? :) Honestly, it seems like we never take time to sit down and watch a movie together anymore. And, it was a great movie to top it all off!

After the kids woke up, we went outside and played. They both LOVE being outside so much.
Collier scooted around in his walker and Landry played in her Barbie Jeep and went on the "vroom vroom" with her daddy.




 Micah and the kids got me THE PERFECT right-hand ring and the sweetest MD card ever.

 That night I cooked one of our favorites, Chicken Fried Quinoa, for dinner.

The kids went down to bed easily, and for the rest of the evening we watched mindless television. Sometimes sitting and not having to THINK or DO is the best gift of all. :)

I posted on Facebook yesterday morning something that I really mean:
Basically, I know Mother's Day is supposed to be all "about me," but I would not be much of a mother if I was doing this all alone. I am so thankful to have Micah partnering with me through this journey. We laugh with each other through the trials of being parents and celebrate with each other through the joys.

I am thankful today for the gift of being a mother and the life that God created for me. Thankful for my beautiful mother and mother-in-law and especially the fact that they are still here for us to celebrate this holiday with.
Hope all you mamas had a great day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment