Monday, November 7, 2011

It is Monday...

It is Monday, and my brain is scattered. I feel like I am all over the place...mentally. Physically, we are at home, and we are staying in! It is cool and rainy today, and that means it is the perfect day for cuddling on the couch and loving on babies.
I feel scattered because I have so many things to do. Instead of doing anything on the list below, I am blogging while lunch is in the oven and the babies are napping...how appropriate. :)
-Order invitations for a baby shower
-Call the heating and air guy...again!
-Unload the dishwasher
-Iron clothes
-Finish the kids Christmas list
-Catch up on my daily Bible reading
-Go to Wal-Mart (not happening today!)
-And, the list could go on and on...

We had a wonderful weekend full of family time, tailgating, and church. Below is the sweetest picture ever of my little man bundled up at the tailgate on Saturday. He went to his first game, and even made it through the all-day tailgate! We left that house at 11 am and didn't get home until 11 pm. He was a trooper! Landry stayed home with her little friend, Jackson, and our wonderful sitter, Laura. I know she had a great time playing at the park and Chick-fil-A with the big kids! :)

So, today is the day I am going to start my Meal Plan Monday posts. I stole this idea from my friend, Kari Beth. She has the cutest blog and the sweetest little girl, Elle Louise. Check them out here. I always plan our meals for the week and do grocery shopping based on our menu. I LOVE cooking (and eating!) yummy meals for my family...it makes me feel good! I get a lot of my recipes from cookbooks, other blogs, online searches, and magazines. I will try to share at least one recipe from the past week when I post our new menu on Mondays. If you have a question about a meal or would like a certain recipe, just email or comment on the post! Hope you enjoy and are inspired to make new things...I know I am always getting new ideas from KB!
Micah comes home for lunch almost every day, so our menu is full! I made a big dish of baked oatmeal yesterday that we will eat on for breakfast all week. It is delish, and one of our new favorites! I will post the recipe below...

Monday:
Breakfast- Baked Oatmeal
Lunch- Squash Casserole with Spinach Salads
Dinner- Poached Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce

Tuesday:
Breakfast- We have Bible study, so Landry will likely have a squeezable apple sauce on the way out the door and I will eat at church. :)
Lunch- leftovers from Monday
Dinner- Ham and Grits Pie (an old Rachael Ray recipe that is a favorite!)

Wednesday:
Breakfast- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Lunch- leftovers
Dinner- Swiss Chicken with Brown Rice and steamed Broccoli

Thursday:
Breakfast- Baked Oatmeal and/or Smoothies
Lunch- Spinach Salads
Dinner- Mini Apple and Cheddar Meatloaves

Friday:
Breakfast- Smoothies
Lunch- leftovers
Dinner- To the in-laws for the weekend! :)


Here is the link to the Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe...yum! We make our's with apples in the bottom instead of bananas. This time, I also added some dried cranberries and walnuts. You could use this basic recipe for any "type" of oatmeal, really. The pumpkin isn't a must, but I love it! This would easily feed 6-8 people, and it is honestly even better leftover with a little milk poured over the top!  

1 comment:

  1. Love finding your blog and catching up....instead of doing house chores before I pick the kids up from Mother's Day Out! I see a resembled pattern like above! :)
    Looking forward to seeing your tomorow at bible study! Talk soon and have a good rest of your day, even though it is rainy and gross outside.

    By the way I will have to get your recipe to your dinner on Thursday night...sounds yummy!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete