Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Comical Landry Elise...

Ok, so you already know that Landry makes me laugh...always. She is an absolute mess, and she comes up with the craziest things to say. She is the silliest, sweetest, most stubborn 3 year old I think has ever walked the face of the earth. Maybe I'm a little biased, but I'm really glad she's mine!
 
So, these days we are changing outfits 6 and 7 times a day. This girl can destroy her closet in about 2 minutes, but she is learning quickly how to hang things back up before mama bear comes out. She loves to match things up, and that doesn't just mean by color...stripes go with stripes, flowers go with flowers, dots with dots, etc. Her outfits are a hoot! Also, she wants to wear a "princess with NO pants" all the time, so she will come out in loose fitting tops that she calls dresses with her little booty hanging out. It's a battle to get pants on this child to leave the house!


She seriously loves her baby brothers. The other day the boys were staying with my mom while Landry and I ran somewhere. I told her to tell Mimi to take care of her baby brother. She got right up in my mom's face and said, "Take care of my TWO brothers!" and held her two fingers up in her face. She is so protective!
She whispers to Bretton, "I'm your mama!" all the time. I will hear her and correct her. Then, a few minutes later, she'll be whispering it to him again. She is definitely a mama at heart!
 
 Landry is in a phase where she wants to be just like me (why not, right?). Ha! Yesterday she asked me to fix her hair just like mine. I wanted to tell her that her freshly washed hair would not be able to do the same magical things as my 3 day post wash, oily mess would...but I didn't. She wanted a headband AND a clip..."just like you mom!" She was so proud when we were done and couldn't wait for her daddy to get home to show him.
Also, a few weeks ago I was getting all dressed to go somewhere (a little rare these days). Landry got really serious and said, "Mama, I really like it better when you stay in your normal clothes." AKA: Get back in your pj's!
I can't wait to show 12 year old Landry this someday. Sister, you used to think I was cool in my pj's, no makeup, and dirty hair. You begged to look like me, and you wouldn't have been embarrassed of me for one second in public. Maybe we can keep it that way? :)
 
Other "roll on the floor" Landry quotes:
 
-"My teeth won't come out because they are really glued in!"
-"My throat won't quit hickin'" (hiccups)
-"I'm not touching him, I'm just kissing him!"
-When she didn't want Collier to go in the playroom and get one of her toys..."No Collier! It's terrible in there...it's just terrible!"
-"I'm not a princess, I'm a people!"
-"Food don't talk!" She realized this after watching Veggie Tales for the 9,000th time, and now she thinks it is hilarious!
-As we were practicing her Bible verse for Awana's the other night (For God loved us and sent His son.) She said, "For God loved us and sent His....pony?!"
-She loves to negotiate, but she can't figure out how to do it right. I will tell her we have an hour to play somewhere, and she will say, "But what about 5 minutes?!" like that is so much longer.
 
 
She is so much fun. Everyday is something new, and every day is a challenge. She pushes my buttons and melts my heart all at the same time.
A post on Collier is coming soon. That little jabber-box is starting to have some good quotes too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment