Monday, August 29, 2011

We are still here!

We are still here! Yesterday (Monday) was my first "normal" day home with the babies all by myself. It was wonderful! Both babies got baths and dressed before noon, they both took two naps at the same time, I got some things done around the house, and I was even able to shower and dry my hair before Micah got home from work. May seem like it isn't a big deal, but it was a success for us! :) We have had wonderful families from our church bringing us meals over the past two weeks...we had one delivered last night, so I didn't even have to worry about dinner. Such a blessing!

Landry still has 8 teeth coming in, so she has been a little grumpy. Even after sharing a yummy bowl of ice cream with mommy!




If you look closely, you can see all the bottom teeth coming in. The "pointy" ones, and the ones behind them. Poor baby!!


This sweet thing is content eating and sleeping! He eats SO much, and has been consistently gaining around an ounce a day since he was born. I am so thankful that he is a great eater and that breastfeeding is going smoothly, but he wears me out when he wants to eat for a straight hour or two!


We introduced the pacifier last night, and he did okay with it. I have always said that I wouldn't do this before 6 weeks or so, but he was just ready. Obviously, he prefers to nurse, but it will be nice to have an option to soothe him when I know he can't possibly be hungry!

Landry is still being a sweet big sister. She loves to be close to Collier and snuggle with him while she watches T.V. I have to watch her to make sure she is gentle with him, but she does great most of the time!







This morning, our fall Bible study started back at church. We are reading through the Bible in one year, and I LOVE going on Tuesday mornings. Amazingly, we got out the door and made it on time! It was great to be back, and it was fun getting to see everyone after our summer break. One funny thing that happened before we left the house was after I got Landry dressed and her shoes on. I told her we were going "bye-bye," and she got SO excited. Collier was in the bathroom in his bouncy seat while I finished getting dressed and getting our stuff in the car. Landry went in to where he was and kneeled down beside him. She knows she isn't supposed to touch him, so she got her hand about an inch away from his face and started waving and saying "bye-bye! See ya!" It was hilarious! I told her that we had to bring brother with us, and she didn't seem too happy about that. She got over it quickly! :) Love these sweet memories we are making!

No comments:

Post a Comment