Thursday, October 27, 2011

A few posts in one...

This post is going to be a little bit of a picture overload, but I need to get caught up!

We had a bonfire and hay ride at our house with some friends from church. It was so much fun! It got pretty cold as the night went on, but the kids didn't seem to care! I think Landry ate 3 hotdogs because she kept stealing them off of anyone's plate that was put down. That girl can down some food! :) Can't wait to do it again!











One of my best friends ever, Cassie, brought her 5 month old baby over to meet my kids for the first time. Cassie, Brandon, and sweet Brynley live in St. Louis, and we don't get to see each other near enough. We ate lunch together at the house and sat around for HOURS catching up, feeding babies, and laughing. What a blessing it is to have special friends that I don't have to see for months, and we can pick back up like we saw each other yesterday. Cassie and I have been friends since 6th grade, so sometimes when we are sitting around talking it makes me feel like we should really still be in middle school. Time has absolutely flown by!
When they got to the house, we realized that the girls had the same outfit! I did a quick change on Landry so that we could get pictures of them matching! Bryn is such a happy baby, and she loved sitting next to Landry and Collier. She kept trying to touch and lick on Landry, but she wasn't having any of it! Collier couldn't get away, so he got some extra love. :)  



And, of course, I couldn't post without a few sweet pictures of my little growing Gibsons. Landry has this completely FAKE smile that cracks me up. When I get the camera out, she will make this face, say CHEEEEEESE, and then expect that we are done with pictures. LOL.


And, the little man is growing like a weed! He is smiling and cooing all the time and developing such a sweet personality. A sweet personality except for when we try giving him a bottle. :) Still no success. I have had so many sweet friends tell me that their babies wouldn't take bottles either and give me encouragement to hang in there. I absolutely love nursing my babies, and I really want to make it to a year with him if I can (I had to stop with Landry at 6 months when we found out we were pregnant!!). My friend Cara told me, "the days may seem long, but the years are short." What a great reminder! I know that I can handle him not taking a bottle, it will just have to take some extra planning to get to go on a date with Micah! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment