Friday, October 7, 2011

Make this...seriously!

Yesterday I made one of my favorite fall side dishes at lunch, and I thought I should share since it is SO easy and SO yummy! Micah loves it, Landry loves it...besides being totally delish, it is cheap and healthy too!
I think I originally found this recipe in Southern Living Magazine a few years ago, but it has been tweaked a little since then. I think it may have had walnuts tossed in the original recipe, so that might be something different to try too!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Spinach
You will need:
2-3 Sweet Potatoes
1 (or half) Red onion
A few handfuls of baby spinach
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Cut up sweet potatoes and red onion and place on baking sheet. Toss liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-45 minutes, tossing halfway through.

Put a few handfuls of spinach in a large bowl (big enough to add the potatoes in the next step!). We use extra spinach because we like it!!

After potatoes roast, pull them out of the oven and pour directly over spinach.

Toss lightly, and then place a plate over the top for the spinach to wilt. Give it a few minutes, and then you are ready to serve!

We ate this yesterday with smoked turkey sausage and a little bread. It was a simple, filling, and healthy lunch. Much better than frozen pizza which Micah gets a lot of the time! :)

2 comments:

  1. that looks so good! did you also make the bread?


    p.s- will you be posting collier's birth story soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! No...I didn't make the bread. It was a new kind I found in the bakery section at W-Mart that was something "bake at home." It turned out really great!

    I will be posting the birth story soon...promise!! :)

    ReplyDelete