Thursday, June 28, 2012

Collier Update

He's already big, and he is growing way too fast! I can't believe that my baby is 10 1/2 months old already and starting to talk, walk, and feed himself. What in the world!? Before you ask, NO I do not have baby fever. I am perfectly content with my growing baby boy, and I have no desire to revisit the newborn days at this point. :) 
Here is what's going on with Colli-bean: 
  • He weighs 25 pounds and is getting  LONG (don't have an exact measurement). 
  • He still wearing size 4 diapers. He wears some 12-18 month shorts, and 18-24 month shirts. 
  • He is crawling everywhere and getting in to new things everyday. He loves for us to open the gate and let him crawl up the stairs by himself. He is so good at it...scary! 
  • He is pulling up on everything and learning to climb (uh oh!). 
  • Collier has taken 3 steps several times, but I would not say that he has officially "walked" yet. 
  • He started talking A LOT last week. The things he has said so far are: mama, dada, hi, bye, bean, and baby. 
  • He loves to hum/sing along to the radio, and he also tries to imitate puppies barking (woof woof!). 
  • Collier is still only nursing, but he is getting better at figuring out the sippy cup. He can finish about 3/4 of a sippy cup in a 24 hour period...progress! 
  • He is eating and eating and eating table food. There isn't much that I am keeping from him at this point except for honey and nuts (even though he ate a peanut off the ground at my dad's pool, so we know he isn't allergic!). He wants to feed  himself, and he shovels it in!
  • Collier is pretty content playing by himself, and he loves to explore. 
  • He is a tough little booger. He has had a few black eyes, several scrapes and bruises, and he just keeps going like nothing happens. (He might whimper for a second, but he is still stinkin' tough!)
  • He is starting to "like" Micah (according to Micah). LOL. He is a mama's boy...what can I say!? 
  • He gives kisses and waves now. It melts me every time he grabs my face and gives me those slobbery kisses. 
  • He seriously has the sweetest personality, and I grow to love him more everyday. I just KNOW my heart is going to explode soon. I can't handle it! :)

All the pictures below are from my phone, so they are not super clear. Sorry...no time for the big camera with this fast little dude! 


This boy loves his sister's baby dolls. :)




I can't imagine a happier little man than this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment