Monday, June 18, 2012

A Trip and Father's Day...

We went to visit Uncle Tyler and {soon-to-be} Aunt Emily in Owasso this weekend. Their new house is beautiful, and we had so much fun catching up! We relaxed a lot, ate yummy food, went to the zoo, and played with their little puppy Luda. Enjoy the pictures!

Landry refused to nap on the way to Oklahoma on Friday. She was so worn out, but just wanted to fuss and complain instead of actually sleeping. I told her to close her eyes and try to rest. She would do it for a second and then pop open her eyes and squeal. It was extremely frustrating, but hilarious at the same time. :)


On Saturday, we went to the Tulsa Zoo and had a great time. It was hot, but there was a nice little breeze that made it bearable. We took the double stroller, but Landry didn't want to ride much. We broke down and took a "leash" just in case. :) So...daddy walked Landry and we ended up carrying Collier a lot of the time too. We were all pretty worn out after just a few hours! 









We rode the carousel right before we left. The kids loved it! When we started going, Landry said, "Wooo! This Monkey FAST!" 
Landry has told me at least 4 times that the giraffes were her favorite. It surprised us all because they were the hardest to see. They didn't come very close, and we didn't spend much time at that exhibit. 
The boy/girl monster shirts that the kids are wearing are from my friend, Kari Beth's, Etsy shop. Check her out! 

On Sunday, we ate breakfast at a fun little deli before we left town. They have a huge cinnamon roll that they are famous for. We ordered one as an appetizer for the table. It was seriously as big as my head! Oh, that white stuff on top...cream cheese icing...and I probably ate half of it. :)


I wanted to get a little family picture before we left town...
Try #1

and #2. Much better. 


We planned to make a detour through Lavaca on our way home to see Micah's family. It is his Grandad's birthday on Tuesday, so we had a little birthday/FD celebration. I am kicking myself because I didn't get a picture of the kids with Grandad. Seems like I always forget!!

Micah, Collier, and Papa-D

Collier, Papa-D, Gigi, and little monkey Landry

Collier LOVE his Papa-D, and I think he likes him a little too. :)

THEN, we made another detour before we got home to see my Dad. They were having a little cookout, but we didn't hang around too long. I have such a handsome Daddy!

My Papaw was there too, so that was special to get to see him! I really have some great men in my life! 

Hope you guys had a great weekend! Landry stayed in Lavaca for a few days, so I am trying to get lots done while she is gone. Had a doctor's appointment today {more on that tomorrow} and having a slumber party with a great friend tonight. The week is looking good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment