Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Seriously?

Both kiddos have been under the weather at our house. 
It all started with an eye infection for Collier.We started him on an eye drop, but it didn't seem to go away.
We went to have him checked out at the walk-in clinic on Monday night and found out that he also has his first ear infection! Poor baby boy! 
I love this picture I caught of him the other morning. His messy hair and "seriously?" face gets me. I love this boy! :)

Landry spiked a fever late Monday afternoon, so we had her checked out at the clinic also. Sweet girl has her first case of strep throat. When they did the throat swab, I saw how red and nasty her tonsils looked. It made me sad. :( I used to get strep all the time as a kid, and I know it is miserable! The doctor even said she had "pus pockets" on both sides. Gross and ouch! 

Anyway, today is Wednesday and we are on the mend. The kids seem to be feeling much better...besides being grumpy bears from their medicine! 


Oh, by the way, Collier is weaning in the midst of all of this. We started last week, and he went from 6 feedings a day down to 2 immediately. I just quit offering unless he absolutely broke down. I have been giving him "real" food instead of nursing, and he is eating me out of house and home! This boy can put away some food! 
 It has been a bit of a struggle, especially with him waking up in the night with the ear infection. I can't tell if he is waking up because he doesn't feel well or because he is hungry! The past 3 days, I have only nursed him once each night (in the middle of the night). We have made it approximately 22 1/2 hours. 
He is still not really interested in his sippy cup, but we are getting better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment