Thursday, July 26, 2012

Let's catch up...

This little guy is all over the place. As much as I try, I cannot contain him! He digs in cabinets, crawls into different rooms to check things out, and is constantly trying to climb on things. 

Colli-bean finally gave in and took his first bottle at 11 1/2 months! I really didn't want to start bottles this late, but I was able to wean him and he basically went without drinking a whole sippy cup for 4 days. I decided to try a bottle with a little warm milk to see if he would finally take it, and he did! He is now eating three 8 ounce bottles a day.

Some friends loaned us a tux for Collier to wear to Uncle Tyler's wedding in a few weeks. I tried it on him the other day, and I just wanted to squeeze this little man!!

Collier's hair is outrageous. I am so jealous for his sister. :) It is thick and wavy...everything that I would love for her's to be. 

Landry is still being her sassy little self and the entertainer for our family. She is constantly singing and says funny things all the time!

All of the sudden, Landry is interested in earrings. She wants to be "like mommy!" and will point to my earrings all the time. I found some stickers that would work, and she wore them proudly all day! She was so excited to show her daddy! 
I'm not sure when we will actually let her get them pierced for real. I was 12 when I got mine done, and I think that was too late. 

Sister likes to get dirty. We were outside the other day, and before I knew it, she was covered in dirt! Literally...

Pepaw came to visit the other day, and Landry was quick to reserve him for reading. She had a stack of books, and they read and read. Love it!

I made my first Concord Grape Pie the other day. It was a lot of work, and I was not a huge fan. Micah loved it and ate the entire pie in two days. 

Last night Collier and Landry stayed the night with Micah's parents! It was my first night away from Collier, and I survived. Micah and I went out on a date and stayed out as late as we wanted...about 9:30. Ha! 
I slept all night long and drooled into my pillow because I knew I wasn't listening for babies over the monitor. :)
We woke up this morning, I fixed us breakfast, and I didn't have to change morning diapers, feed ravenous babies, or get anyone dressed besides myself. It was a really great break. 

It worked out perfectly because I had to come down to Fort Smith today for a Ronald McDonald House Board meeting. I am sitting at Micah's parents now waiting for the kids to wake up from naps. House is quiet, no laundry or dishes for me to do...this is the life! :)
I'm excited to see if they missed me! Honestly, I know I will be disappointed because I am sure they didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment