Monday, February 10, 2014

Snow Day Shenanigans and Cute Kids

This bitter cold weather and snow has been keeping us at home even more than usual these days. Landry missed gymnastics because of the snow, I missed getting out of the house for groceries and a little alone time, and Collier just missed going. We are really homebodies, and I am totally fine with that 99.9% of the time. However, when I realized we had been in the house for 6 days straight, and our only proof of life beyond ourselves was Facebook and Micah going to and coming from work, I started twitching a bit. :) I'm so glad to see a warmer forecast coming this weekend. These kids are beyond ready to get to play outside regularly!
Most snow days for us feel pretty much like a regular day. Our kids aren't in school, so we kind of have the same routine day in and day out. I do feel like I can cheat a little bit though when schools are canceled. I know that makes NO sense, but I feel like it's almost a free day for us too. We drink hot chocolate, we watch more tv than we should, we pull out craft projects to work on, and the laundry and cleaning waits. I have been enjoying that part of it! :)
 
Here is lots of randomness from our last week...


It's a crazy amount of trouble for me to dress the kids up to go outside for 2 minutes...and then for them to drag the mess back in with them. So, this time, we brought the snow inside!


Manicures and pedicures for the princess...



Several painting opportunities for our budding artist...


Sister got her hair curled for the first time.
"My hair is WARM mama!" :)
It only held for about 30 minutes.

 
Makeup lessons.
Just to be clear, she was teaching me. :)
 
PURE love. :)

I'm ready for Spring. Not that we won't still stay at home in our jammies some most days, but at least we will have the option of walking to the mailbox. :)
 
Have no fear...Make THIS Monday is coming up later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment