Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feeling behind...

I am feeling so far behind on blogging, but I have several good reasons (and several good updates to come!). Last week, I got sick...really sick...felt like I was dying sick! Wednesday night before bed, my throat and ear started hurting, and I was up half the night not really able to swallow. I just KNEW it was strep throat. I used to get strep twice a year, every year. I hadn't been sick with it in over 5 years, but I don't think you ever forget how that feels once you have had it! I was able to get in to see the doctor at 8 the next morning, and he did a strep test. Micah ended up staying home from work because I was honestly worthless and could not even lift my head off the pillow. He would bring Collier in for me to feed him, and that was about all I was able to help with. Between 8 and 12, I got significantly worse. I had not heard back from the doctor yet on the results of the strep test, and I honestly was feeling TERRIBLE. Finally, we heard back that it was strep, and they got me an antibiotic called in ASAP. Micah picked up my medicine and I took it. Unfortunately, I didn't eat anything all day, and the medicine + tylenol made me super-DUPER sick. You would think I would know to eat, but I was so out of it at that point, I wasn't thinking.
Anywho, Micah had appointments scheduled for the next day, so he had to be able to leave for work. I called our trusty babysitter, Laura, and lined her up to come and help me function the next morning. So thankful for her. She calls Landry her "sister" in spanish...can't remember the word. It is so cute because Landry tries to copy everything she does. :)

On top of being sick, I had plans to Rhea Lana with my mama on Saturday, Collier's baby dedication planned for Sunday, a big family brunch at our house after, and plans to leave town for St. Louis Sunday afternoon. I had a lot to do, and being sick and on the couch for two days was NOT on the list! I was talking with one of my mama friends that had the FLU last week, and we decided being sick as an adult is for.the.birds! How am I supposed to run a house when I can't get off the couch? No thank you...I think I am done being sick for at least another 5 years!

 So...we are all still alive, and I have so much to share with you this week!!
-Collier's Baby Dedication
-Our trip to St. Louis
-Collier's six month pictures
-And more, I am sure. :)

Here are a few sweet pictures of the babies...in their pj's of course!

Oh, and by the way, Collier is officially sitting up (this started about two weeks ago on the DAY OF his 6 month pictures!!). He is also all over the place! He scoots, army crawls, and rolls to get to whatever he wants. His newest thing is to pull books off the bookshelf, try to wrap himself in any electrical cord around, and even try to chew on the legs of chairs!! Landry never got into things like he is! This is going to be an adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment