Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's the truth...

I have tried to change this fact over and over, but it still remains that Daddy is Landry's favorite parent. :) Honestly, this girl lives to hang out with Micah. Besides Collier, he is the first thing she asks for in the morning if I am the one who gets her out of bed. I hear about a hundred times a day, "daddy at erk?" She gets jealous of Micah and I hugging, kissing, or snuggling and will whine and cry, "MY daddy!!" Micah gets this little grin on his face as we try to explain to her that he IS her daddy, but he is mommy's best friend and husband...he is just eating it up!!

Recently, Micah got a new toy. He has taught her to come ask me if she can go "vroom vroom" with Daddy while I fix dinner. She has started asking as soon as he gets home every night.

Normally Landry wakes up early enough that Micah is able to get her out of bed and see her before he leaves for work. He makes her a "moothie" and they have breakfast together a lot of the time.  When he tried to leave for work the other morning, she latched on to him and didn't want to be put down. It was so sweet!

This is the little grin I am talking about! She has him wrapped TWICE around her finger!

I absolutely love watching these two interact. Their relationship is so special to me. I saw a lot of friends posting on Facebook over the past few weeks about fathers taking their daughters to sweetheart dances at school...I can only imagine how much of a princess Landry will feel like when those days come! I am thankful that Landry has a Daddy that is going to guard her heart and show her how she deserves to be treated by a future spouse. So many years away, but he is off to a good start! :)

1 comment: