Wednesday, August 29, 2012

C is for Curious...

I know, it is way past time for a Collier update. He is growing so fast and changing so much that I just can't believe I'm not writing everything down! Well, I can sum up Collier's current stage in one word...curious. This boy wants to know about everything that is going on, and he wants to be right in the middle of it! 
I LOOOOOVE this stage. One year olds are challenging and they get frustrated easily because they can't always tell you what they want, but you can literally SEE their wheels turning as they learn new things each day. 
So, let's let the rambling begin as I tell you everything that is new with our little man...

He is a climber. He hikes his leg up to crawl out of the bathtub, up on stools, in and out of the toy car (he likes to crawl out through the window...and usually gets stuck), and he also likes to hide in cabinets if he can fit. Right now, he has one black eye and a big goose egg over the other eye. He constantly looks like he has been in battle, and he seems to like it that way. :)

Our tough little guy is hooked on the bottle now! I tried not to start this habit, but after he quit nursing, we had to get him to drink some milk! So, he takes 3 bottles a day (like clockwork), and will cry, point, and say "ba-ba!" if he sees it. Landry quit taking bottles completely on her first birthday, but I have no clue when we are going to be able to break him. If I try to put him down for naps without giving him the bottle first, he will just play in his crib for an hour instead of sleeping. Suggestions? We are going to work on breaking the habit when we get back from vacation in a few weeks. 
(Side note: We do NOT normally give him a bottle in his crib, but we did this night because he was super fussy and didn't want to be held. I thought it was so cute to watch him fall asleep on the monitor as he held the empty bottle. Precious baby!)

Collier finger painted for the first time yesterday, and he really wasn't a big fan. He ate a few bites, but that's about it. 

Colli is still not "walking," but it is going to happen fast. He took 12 steps yesterday, but then he leans down and takes off crawling. I'm in no hurry, but I bet that while we are on vacation with the cousins that he decides he wants to chase after them!

Other updates:
-Collier is talking up a storm! He is repeating a lot of words, but regularly says: hi, bye bye, ba-ba (bottle), ni-ni (night night), mommy, daddy, Landry, blanket, woof woof, bite, ball, and other things that my tired brain can't think of right now.
-When he isn't talking, he is pointing and grunting at EVERYTHING. 
-He is still sleeping in his crib all night and normally sleeps 7:30-7:30. He loves his rest, and he will normally tell me about 9:30 in the morning, "ni-ni!" and come crawl in my lap or lay his head down on the floor. He naps at 9:30 and 2:00. 
-Both kids start MDO tomorrow, and this will be Collier's first "official" day. He dropped in a few times last year, but never for the whole day. I am excited to see how he does, and I am also excited to have a little ME time. I have a long list of boring errands to run tomorrow, but I am going to be thrilled to jump in and out of the car quickly. It is amazing how much I can get done on my own!
-Oh my gosh...I almost forgot to mention what sweet kisses Colli-bean is giving. I mean, seriously, they will melt your heart. He will grab your face, open his mouth, and plant one on you. He prefers lip kisses, but he will make due with your cheek if that is all he can get. 
-Also, our house is going to be destroyed by the time Collier is through with it. He has chewed on some of our cabinets like a dog, rammed toys into our baseboards, and tried pulling our shutters and curtains off the walls several times. He finds ways to get into rooms he shouldn't be in (because some how he convinces Landry to open doors for him!), and within 30 seconds will have a book torn to shreds, a whole roll of toilet paper un-rolled, or items thrown in the toilet that don't belong. Life is getting exciting!


I snapped these pictures this morning.  Like I said before, Collier is curious, and he is soaking up so much! I loved seeing him flip through the book, point at things, and make lots of different noises. 




And, let's just state the obvious...Collier is huge. He and Landry weigh the same and currently wear the same shoe size. He is wearing 24 month clothes (some 18 month pants), size 4 diapers, and size 6.5 shoes.
He has the craziest little curly mullet growing, but Micah still says we are not cutting it. 
I really love him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment