Monday, August 13, 2012

Our little guy turned ONE!

Collier is ONE!
Landry has been telling us that for a week now, but she still wanted to argue with us that it was HER birthday yesterday instead of his. :) We had a great day with our little man even though we were traveling back from the wedding, getting unpacked, etc. We will be officially celebrating this weekend, and I know that is probably when it is going to sink in that he is getting so big!!

Before we left Tulsa, we met up with some of our family at a little deli to celebrate the big day. It was about 9:30 (aka: nap time) for the birthday boy, and he was less than thrilled with our singing or the delicious cinnamon roll that we turned into a b-day cake. :)

We made it home, took naps, and then let C open a few presents. He loved the paper and bows, but he has yet to be allowed to play with the toys because the "birthday girl" stole them from him. 
He is so easy going and just lets her rule the roost. I am confident this is going to change soon...he will find his voice and realize that he can overpower that ornery sister of his! 

And...what better to do on your birthday than to play in your birthday suit?!


Micah and I talked last night about how fast this year has gone by. I know everyone says that, but I honestly can't believe that it has been a year since we captured these sweet moments. 
It seems like we have had him forever!



I love this little guy with every ounce of my being. I didn't know it was possible to feel this way about multiple people until I had babies. I feel like if I loved him any more my heart would explode! 

He brings such joy to my life with his sweet smiles and giggles. 
I love how he is learning new things everyday and how I can see his wheels spinning when he is challenged by something. 
He is a go-getter and doesn't seem scared or hindered by things. I am excited to see how his personality grows in this direction as he gets older. 
Collier has a calming quiet that just melts me. I pray that he grows to be as gentle and loving as he is right now. 
He and his firecracker of a sister are just about complete opposites, and I love that God created them perfectly to support each other. 

I am so thankful for the gift and challenge of motherhood. These babies have revealed things to me about myself that I never knew before. They bring out my best and my worst. I am grateful for the days I have been privileged to love on them, and I look forward to watching them grow.in the years to come!

Happy Birthday to our sweet Colli-bean!

1 comment: