Thursday, January 23, 2014

The middle man...

This little nose picker is what some might call our problem child, but he's also the sweetest, most cuddly child we have.
He has me wrapped around his boogery little finger, and I just can't get enough of our little Collier.
 
Collier was 2 in August, so he is um...29 months now. :) He weighs a whopping 40 pounds and is wearing some size 5's in shirts. He wears size 6 diapers, size 3 pants, and size 10 shoes. When we are out places, sometimes people think he is older than Landry (before they start talking). He has the chunkiest thighs and cheeks, and I could squeeze him all day long...some days I do!
He is the spitting image of Micah, but lately Micah has been saying that he has some of my facial expressions. Especially when he's mad, which I don't know how Micah would know that since I never ever get mad. ;)
 
 We changed Collier's crib over to a toddler bed, and he loves going to sleep in his new "AWESOME bed!" He sleeps all night and hasn't tried to get out yet without us telling him.

 
He has been in big boy underwear for two weeks straight now with only a handful of accidents. We still do a diaper at nap and bed time, but sometimes he wakes up with them dry! He is getting to be such a big boy, but he is still such a baby at the same time. Love it.
 
He is smart as a whip, and catches on to things so quickly. He has known his letters and numbers for forever, but he can spell his and Landry's names now and even write some of his letters. He knows more shapes than Landry does, and it's so funny because I have to look at the answers on some things that he already knows (rhombus, trapezoid, pentagon)...he's a sponge!
 
He is a PROUD big brother, and loves to show people Bretton and say, "Look at my baby! He's so cute! He's just beautiful!" :)
 
Every morning when he wakes up, he comes down and announces, "I'm awake! I sleep good! How ARE you mama?"
 
He is an ornery little stinker, and his new sneaky trick when he is doing something he shouldn't is to say, "Mommy, you need be right back?" He wants me to leave the room so he can start or keep doing what he isn't supposed to. He will even get detailed and give me suggestions of things I could go do, "Mommy, you need be right back? You need fix you hair?" "Mommy, you need be right back? You need fix you coffee?" Smart and sneaky...a dangerous combo!
 
He is silly, he is funny, he is BUSY, he is handsome, he is hungry, he is cuddly, he is rough, he is stinky, he is loving, he is smart, he is perfect.
I LOVE this boy that melts my heart daily. He is my biggest challenge, but a huge blessing that I thank God for all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment