Sunday, January 15, 2012

5 months!

Y'ALL....my baby is 5 months old!! I don't even know where the time has gone. Honestly, time went quickly when Landry was a newborn, but time has absolutely flown with Collier. It has flown, and the past several months are kind of a blur. Feeling like this makes me so thankful for the blog and the fact that I am able to look back, read, and re-visit some of those times that have already slipped my mind!
I know I must sound like a broken record all the time, but this little boy is the sweetest baby in the world. Don't get me wrong, he is a little stinker for sure, but when he looks at me with his Daddy's big blue eyes, it makes it all worth it. :)


At 5 months Collier is:
  •  Weighing in at 20 pounds. He is in the 95th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height for his age.
  • Squeezing in to size 3 diapers. As soon as we get through our massive box from Sam's club, we will be moving up to 4's. Landry is still in 4's, so that will make it nice to not have to figure out which diapers are his! :) I have also pulled back out our cloth diapers, and they have both been wearing those a lot when we are home. I figure if I am washing for one, I might as well wash for two! Side note....toddlers wearing cloth diapers can get pretty gross. I wish she actually wanted to GO on the potty instead of just sitting there, crying to have TP to "wipe," and wanting to flush. It.will.happen!
  • Wearing 6-9 month clothes. Some 12 month tops.
  • Has already had his first hair trim! No pictures because it was honestly just cutting the crazy hairs sticking out over his ears. I am sure I will still have "Collier's First Haircut" pictures and post after he is a year old. :)
  • Rolling both ways and really trying to sit up on his own. He loves to be in the Bumbo seat or high chair and watch what is going on.
  • Starting to teeth. He is chewing on everything and drooling everywhere! We can't feel the teeth yet, but I am sure they are coming!
  • Still sleeping in his pack-n-play in our room and ending up in our bed in the middle of the night. EXCEPT...last night we tried letting him cry it out a little bit and left him in his pack-n-play instead of moving him to our bed. He cried for maybe 3-5 minutes twice in the night and put himself back to sleep. He ended up sleeping 9 hours instead of waking up every 3! I remember when we moved Landry to her crib at 8 months, and she started sleeping through the night. It was amazing. At the same time, it kind of makes me sad! I love snuggling with Collier and having him in our bed and/or room. He, obviously, sleeps better being in his own space. I think it is time...or at least getting close to putting him in his own room. I absolutely hate the thought of having to go up the stairs in the middle of the night though. We will see....stop pressuring me! :)  
  • Eating some solids. He has tried green peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, mango, and pears. So far, he likes everything!
  • Now, the little stinker part...nursing. Collier is still anti-bottle, anti-pacifier, anti-anythingbesidesmymama. To be honest, this is nothing we can't handle, and it is really nice sometimes not having bottles to wash. When Landry was little, she decided she ONLY wanted the bottle, so then I had to take the time to pump, then feed, then wash the bottles. Nursing is a lot faster, and extremely practical for us being home 99% of the time. However, my little angel has decided that he would prefer (aka: demand) that I lay down to feed him now instead of hold him! This is probably a lot of my own doing because I oblige him when we are at home, and he is used to being able to be next to me on the couch or in our bed eating. Until a few weeks ago, this wasn't an issue at all, and he was thrilled to eat with me sitting up when we were at church, out shopping, out to dinner, and other public places. Not the case anymore! He arches his back, screams, and would rather go without eating than give in to doing it my way. We were out running errands the other day, and he went over 6 hours without eating a drop...believe me, it wasn't for lack of trying. I was NOT going to give in and lay down on the floor at the mall or Wal-Mart. Ha!
Anyway, as if I didn't feel like enough of a farm animal being the feeding source for my baby every 3 hours, my dad had to make the comment that I am now like a pig with her piglets instead of a dairy cow. :) Love him.
I know nursing will be short-lived (even if it is a year). I mean, it has already been 5 months!! So, if you have any advice (besides, "stop letting him be in control,") PLEASE share. I love him, but I also love my dignity, and I can picture myself on isle 10 in Wal-Mart with my piglet by my side. I cannot let myself go there....can not


So, that is where we are. Loving these babies, having a blast as a family of 4, laughing at ourselves a lot, praying a lot, and making precious memories.
Happy 5 month b-day to our little man!

1 comment: