Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our First Wrestling Match

Oh y'all....these kids are so entertaining! Micah and I laugh all the time about the silly little things they do and how much they laugh and play with each other already. Last night before bed, we had our first impromptu wrestling match. You would think that a 5 month old wouldn't stand much of a chance against a 21 month old, but he held his own! :) He kept grabbing Landry and pulling her back down. A few times when she tried to get away, he rolled over and would grab her leg again. They both had so much fun, and it was hilarious to watch!
Don't get me wrong, we don't encourage fighting between our kiddos. They started this on their own while we were "calming down" for bed last night. They were both enjoying it so much that we just oversaw and didn't stop it. :) Our babies are no wimps, and I have a feeling many throwdowns are in our future!





This picture cracks me up! She was really trying to get away here, and he wanted to keep going! :)



Going back for more!

Lots of love and hugs afterwards.

And our little wrestler slept like a "champ" after! :) Isn't he a cutie?

As much as these two are going to bicker and fight, I know they are going to be so close....already are, really! Here are a few sweet things between the two of them that I don't want to forget:
  • Landry always adds an 's' to the end of Collier's name. She always calls him Colliers or Brothers. We try to correct her, but it always comes out this way, and it is pretty cute. :) I think it is because we always tell her that things are Collier's. I can see how that would be confusing!
  •  Last week, I told Landry to get ready for nap time. She went over to where Collier was playing and leaned down to "whisper" to him. I overheard her say, "I go nigh nigh, okAy? I loooove you!" Melted this mama's heart for sure!
  • When Landry has a dirty diaper or passes gas, she ALWAYS says "Shoo Wee Colliers!" Already blaming stuff on her poor little brother. She also refers to diapers as "shoo wee Colliers."
  •   If Collier is upset and I can't get him to calm down, all I have to do is put him in his highchair or bumbo with Landry in front of him. She will sing, dance, or jump, and it makes it all better. He will laugh out loud SO hard at her!
  • It is a little tricky trying to let Collier learn to "cry it out" with Landry around. He is at the point where he likes to be put in his bed for naps and fuss a little before he puts himself to sleep. He doesn't like to rock, he doesn't like to cuddle, he just wants to be put down. He will normally fuss for about 4 minutes and then fall asleep. This drives Landry CRAZY. She will come up to me when she hears him in the other room and tap my leg and say, "Mama....Colliers!!" like she doesn't think I hear him.

Sweet babies! :) How did I get chosen to be their mama? I don't know why God chose me, but I am THANKFUL for these babies that keep my hands and my heart SO full.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment