Friday, July 29, 2011

Day In Our Lives: Thursday

Thursday was kind of an interesting day for us. We woke up around 7, and Landry and I both seemed to be not feeling too hot. Nothing big, we were just both grumpy, still tired, and Landry has big red knots on her gums where 4 teeth are trying to come in! I was feeling run-down, and I could hardley keep my eyes open while we were playing that morning! We had our cleaning people coming to clean at 9, so as soon as I opened the door to let them in, Landry and I both went down for a serious nap.
**Before I move on, you are probably thinking...."Cleaning people!?" how lazy can Lindsey be? Ha, at least that is how I feel like it sounds! Micah and I both have our strengths and weaknesses, and keeping the house clean (floor to ceiling) is one of my big weaknesses. I like to pick up clutter and have everything in its place, and we both love having a clean house. This was all disclosed to Micah before we were married, so no surprises. We have a cleaning lady, and we love eachother much, much more because of it!** :)

I was scheduled to attend a board meeting for Ronald McDonald House yesterday, and I always look forward to those and catching up on everything I am missing out on. :) For those of you who are new to the blog, before my job as mommy, I had a super fun and rewarding job as the director for RMHC. L-O-V-E-D it, but love little Landry more! :) I feel very lucky that I still get to be involved without the pressure of all the day-to-day stuff. Anyway, I say all that to finally say....I missed the meeting. It was scheduled for noon, and by the time I woke up from my droolfest (I mean, light nap), it was too late for me to get around and to the meeting.

I woke up a little before Landry and got showered and clothes thrown on before she got up. She woke up, we got her dressed, and THEN since we used all of our energy napping...we were hungry. :)

The ladies were cleaning in the kitchen about that time, so we jumped in the car and were able to meet Micah for a late lunch at our local country club. It was fun to get to see him during the day and for us to get out a little bit. After lunch, Landry and I had to make a return to Dillards, and they were having an extra 30% off all their sale items. Woo hoo!! I would normally be thrilled about this and soak it all up, but I had a baby with me that didn't want in her stroller and was ready to leave the minute we got in the store. We made our return, I grabbed some lipstick at Sephora, and we headed home.

Landry, of course, went down for another nap almost as soon as we got here. I did a few loads of laundry and started working on getting dinner ready. We have had plans for weeks to have some of our friends over to see the house and visit, so I was glad that my energy was back in the afternoon to get everything ready. We had Mexican Grilled Chicken, Spanish Style Quinoa, chips and salsa, and a salad. It was good...sorry, no pictures. Also, while Landry was napping, her curtains were delivered! Micah and I got them hung yesterday, but they are still needing a little tweaking. Pictures will be on tomorrow's post!


Landry and I waiting on our friends to get here!

Our friends came about 6:30, and we ate dinner and got to catch up. They have 4 gorgeous girls ranging from 18 months-13 years. Landry had a BLAST playing with all of them. She even got a pretty good black eye (I will get a picture tomorrow) because she was so excited about showing them all of her toys that she fell off a little stool and banged the door frame. She is one tough cookie though...not much crying!

Micah turned on Toy Story 3 for the girls in the media room, and they thought that was the best thing ever! Poor Collier....he won't know what to do with all these girls around. :)

Our friends left around 9:15, and we were all worn out. Landry went to bed, and Micah and I watched a little bit of the news before heading to bed ourselves. That's all for Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment