Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Moods...

Our mornings (and really, our days) lately have been interesting. Landry has been having "moods." She wakes up and is extremely happy and then before I know it she is breaking down about something. When I say breaking down, I mean the most shrill screaming you have ever heard in your life over teeny tiny things that don't go her way. We are struggling with how to teach her to be patient and content. Our initial reaction when she gets her scream going is to snap "No no!" or grab her little face and tell her "That is NOT how we talk in this family!" LOL. I don't think this is the right way to handle it, but I am kind of at a loss. A sweet older lady that I know suggested that when she starts screaming like that to hug her and whisper to her about being a sweet girl. I like this idea a lot, but at least half of the breakdowns happen in the car. We will just continue to pray for her to have a sweet heart for us to handle raising her the way God wants us too...I am so thankful to have the power of prayer in my life. I don't know how you would parent without it!!

Here is a picture of Landry the other morning after breakfast. She had the craziest hair going on, and I wanted a sweet picture so badly. Instead, I got this one that just cracks me up. She has TWO Curly the pigs with her because she would not get out of her crib without both of them that morning. Normally, we try to leave the pacifiers and pigs in the crib and she loves on them at night and nap time only. Also, normally when I pull out the camera she starts saying "cheeeeeese" and really hamming it up. As you can see, she refused to even give me a little grin. :)

Ornery little booger to say the very least! BUT, she is my ornery booger, and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment