Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day In Our Lives: Wednesday

Landry and I woke up around 8:30 this morning and had breakfast. She happily ate her banana with a fork and then we went to play as usual.

Landry found a bow that she wanted to wear, and kept putting it on and taking it off. Again today, we read a lot of books before nap time. Her favorite book right now is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear," and she loves to try to make all the animal noises. :)

About 9:45, we started making our way upstairs to get dressed and nap. Landry likes to crawl up the stairs herself. It is a process, but it is kind of nice for me to not have to carry her at this point. I am already out of breath by the time I get to the top with carrying my extra 20 pounds!

When Landry went down for her nap, I made our bed and got ready for the day. I love making our bed. If nothing else gets done during the day, I feel like something has been accomplished if there are no dishes in the sink and our bed looks pretty! :)

Landry woke up around 11:45, and we had plans to meet my mom and nephew Judd to eat at this old cafe that we love. My mom has been wanting to go for weeks, and her husband is not a big fan. :) I was a very willing participant to go and soak up some grease!

To start with, Landry ate a torn up roll with her fork. She will eat just about anything if I let her "poke" it with her fork!

Then, she and I split THIS! Peppered steak, mashed potatoes, fried squash, and green beans. Landry ate a TON, and seemed to love every bite.
And, we can't go to this cafe without sharing a piece of coconut cream pie. We got one piece of pie with 4 forks. :) Everyone enjoyed it, but Judd kept picking out the tiny pieces of coconut out of his mouth.

After lunch, we ran by my grandparents house for them to get to see 2 of their 3 current great-grandchildren. The love getting to see them, and it was a fun change of scenery for Landry!

I don't know what this was about, but Landry thought that this is what she was supposed to do with the balls from the pool table.

We didn't get home until about 4:30, and Landry was SO ready for a nap. She went down, and I woke her up around 6:00. Micah got home around that time, and we ate a quick dinner. Landry and Micah got showers, and then we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for me to grab just a few things that I forgot the other day.

We came home, got Landry dressed for bed and put her in her crib at 8:30.

This is what I have planned for the rest of my night....

Ahhh! Two of my favorite things right now!

We came up to the media room to watch tv and hang out. Micah decided that he didn't get enough time with Landry once he got home, and we noticed she was still awake on the monitor. SO, Landry was allowed to get out of her crib for another 20 minutes or so to come cuddle with her Daddy. :) She was extremely excited to be breaking the rules!

Landry is back in bed now, and we are getting close to heading that way. It has been a busy day for us all, and I am looking forward to a good night's rest! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment