Monday, July 18, 2011

A little bit of nothing...

This post is going to be pretty short (with a little sweet at the end) because Landry is home!! She took a 3 hour nap almost immediately when she got home, so we are about to go in the playroom and love on each other all afternoon. I just want to stare at her, laugh with her, and cuddle. It seems like she has changed a lot in 3 days....she is just cracking me up with her new facial expressions and noises.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to try to do a week's worth of "A day in our life" posts. I was planning on starting these this past Monday, but without Landry here, our days were pretty boring. :) I want to do this now and then again a few months after Collier arrives to see how much our daily routines change....I already know that answer, a lot! I am still planning on doing a post about the house and home birth, but those will be later next week.


At our house lately, we have been making a lot of homemade pizza. My little brother gave us a recipe for pizza dough that is super easy and really yummy! The other night we made two pizzas. Micah did one on his Big Green Egg, and I made mine in the oven. They were both yummy!!


Micah did tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, onion, and olives.


I made mine with pesto, chicken, roma tomatoes, onions, and cheese. I also ended up throwing on a few black olives and mushrooms that Micah didn't use.



We both had a little of both and loved them! Micah's had a smokey taste in the crust from the Big Green Egg, and my ingredients were just yum-o!



Landry (and her sweet little mullet) were fans of both pizzas as well! :)



A few nights later, we made dessert pizza with the same crust recipe. It was D-LISH! We brushed the crust with butter, sugar, and cinnamon and baked it for 5 minutes. Then, we topped it with Nutella, bananas, fresh peaches, and powdered sugar....baked another 5ish minutes and ate the entire thing! :)

Here is the recipe....try it out! It sounds like it will be super bland, but I promise it isn't!


Pizza Crust (enough for two pizzas):

4 c. flour

1/3 c. olive oil

1 t. salt

1 1/2 c. warm water

1 t. yeast


Mix first three ingredients together. Mix yeast in warm water and combine with other ingredients. Work with your hands until all combined (this will be super sticky!). Once a ball is formed, cover bowl with a towel and let the crust rise for about 2 hours.

When baking your pizza, you will just have to mess around with the time a bit. We baked our savory pizza on 500 for 14 minutes, and it came out perfectly. On the dessert pizza, Micah made it thinner, and 10 minutes was almost too long for it to cook.


Happy pizza making! I will see you tomorrow to show you a day in our life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment